Press release – For immediate release – 5:45 pm CEST
Median Technologies to participate in the 2022 European Congress of Radiology (ECR), July 13 – 17, 2022, Vienna, Austria, with two presentations on iBiopsy®
- Industry presentation on July 13, 2022: “Enabling lung cancer screening with iBiopsy® AI-based software as medical device”
- Scientific paper presentation on July 15, 2022: “Development and validation of a machine learning based CADx designed to improve patient management in lung cancer screening programmes”
- Median will present the latest developments on iBiopsy® LCS CADe/CADx Software as Medical Device (SaMD) at Booth #AI-29, Expo X1, AI-area
Median Technologies (ALMDT) announced today that the Company will be participating in the 2022 European Congress of Radiology (ECR), to be held in Vienna, Austria, July 13-17.
The Company will give an industry presentation and a scientific paper presentation. Details of the sessions include:
Industry presentation: “Enabling lung cancer screening with iBiopsy® AI-based software as medical device”
- Session: AIX Theater
- Date: July 13, 2022
- Time: 3:25 pm – 3:45 pm CEST
Scientific paper presentation: RPS 1305-6 – “Development and validation of a machine learning based CADx designed to improve patient management in lung cancer screening programmes”
- Session: RPS 1305 – Artificial intelligence (AI) in chest imaging: part 2
- Categories: Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Imaging Informatics, Chest, Oncologic Imaging
- Date: July 15, 2022
- Time: 10:30 am – 12:00 pm CEST
Median’s team will be available at booth #AI-29, Expo X1, AI-area to discuss the presentations and present the latest developments on iBiopsy® LCS CADe/CADx SaMD from July 13 to 17, 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
The European Congress of Radiology (ECR) organized by the European Society of Radiology (ESR) is the premier European event in radiology and the second largest in the world. The congress conveys more than 20,000 with a split of more than 10,000 professional delegates (radiologists, technologists etc.), and ~8,000 industry participants (imaging modalities, PACS etc.). Radiology professionals from Europe and beyond attend to gather knowledge through educational courses, to see the latest innovations presented by technical exhibitors, and to discover groundbreaking research from scientific paper presentations. More about the ECR: https://www.myesr.org/congress
About iBiopsy®: iBiopsy® is based on the most advanced technologies in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Science (DS), benefiting from Median’s expertise in medical image processing. iBiopsy® targets the development of innovative AI/ML-based Software as Medical Device, to be used in several indications for which there are unmet needs regarding early diagnosis, prognosis and treatment selection in the context of precision medicine. iBiopsy® currently focuses on lung cancer, liver cancer (HCC) and liver fibrosis (NASH).
 A radiological CADe device is “intended to identify, mark, highlight or otherwise direct attention to portions of an image that may reveal abnormalities during interpretation of images by the clinician.” A CADx device is “intended to provide information beyond identifying abnormalities, such as an assessment of disease.” Source: FDA