A €11M order backlog; award of 5 new projects totalling €3,24M
- A €11M order backlog as of December 31, 2014 representing an increase of +134% as compared to 2013,
- New projects awarded* for the interpretation and management of medical images for two phase III studies for non-small cell lung cancer, a phase II study for breast cancer, a phase I/II study for colorectal cancer and a phase I study for solid tumor cancers.
MEDIAN Technologies (ALMDT.PA), a leading medical imaging solutions and service provider for image interpretation and management in oncology clinical trials, cancer screening programs and routine practice in oncology, announced today a €11M backlog as of December 31, 2014 (vs €4,7M as of December 31, 2013). MEDIAN Technologies has been selected to provide imaging solutions and services for five new clinical studies in oncology for a total amount of approximately €3.24M:
- A phase III study (non-small cell lung cancer) for a total of €1.2M
- A phase III study (non-small cell lung cancer) for a total of €731K
- A phase II study (breast cancer) for a total of €408K
- A phase I/II study (colorectal cancer) for a total of €307K
- A phase I study (solid tumors) for a total of €593K.
“We are particularly proud that we have been awarded these new projects. These awards are a concrete illustration of MEDIAN’s capacity to penetrate new client accounts and also to generate repeat business through renewed confidence from existing clients”, said Jerome Windsor, VP Business Development Pharma. “These trials are sponsored by internationally known biotechnology companies and major pharmaceutical companies, one of which is predominant in Asia”.
“For the period September to December 2014 we have been awarded projects for a value of €7.2M” underlined Fredrik Brag, CEO of MEDIAN. “Together with our €11M order backlog at the end of the fiscal year it demonstrates our business model efficiency,” he added.
* A project award is a notification announcing that the company’s solution has been chosen for a specific project. This should result in a firm contract within 18 months, subject to the confirmation of clinical results upstream.
About Median Technologies.
Median Technologies develops medical imaging software and services dedicated to oncology clinical trials, cancer screening, and clinical practice. Median Technologies standardizes and automates the interpretation of medical images in oncology to optimize the diagnosis of cancer patients and the assessment of their response to therapy. Median serves two primary markets: drug development and patient care. Median has a strategic partnership with the world’s largest CRO (Contract Research Organization) to offer integrated imaging services for clinical trials to biopharma sponsors worldwide, and a strategic partnership with Canon to develop new imaging technologies, and to address the patient care market.
Founded in 2002, Median Technologies is based in Sophia-Antipolis, France, and has a US subsidiary in Boston. Median has a global reach and actively works with clinical sites located in Asia, Europe, North and South America, and Australia.
Median has received the label “Innovative company” by the BPI and is listed on Euronext Paris’ Alternext market (ISIN: FR0011049824, ticker: ALMDT). The company is eligible for the PEA PME SME equity savings plan setup.
“We are committed to the improvement of cancer patient outcomes through innovation in medical imaging and quality execution for better screening, diagnosis, and monitoring of patients.”